07 April 2009

Earthquakes make my tummy hurt.

So not only are we constantly following the activity of this volcano that keeps steaming and puking, but now we've got earthquakes that we can feel. Ugh! As it is Alaska has quite a few earthquakes a day - run over to the AEIC to see how many we get in a 48 hour period. We just had a 4.7 that shook a bit around. It's those first few nanoseconds where you wonder if this is 'the big one' and whether or not you need to run screaming from the building. I also wonder when strangers are around me whether or not I would want to be stuck in the rubble with them. And this isn't just when we are shaking, but in elevators, at restaurants, etc. Would I want to cling to this person for life or would they bug the shit out of me?

That's probably pretty terrible to say right?

No comments:

Post a Comment