28 February 2009

The Coolest F Word Ever Deserves a F*n Shout

I have started a 3 year course through the Avalon Mystery School. Which means that in 3 years, after my course of study, I may be asked to be a Priestess of Avalon. I happen to think this is not only the cats pajamas but also the cow's underwear. Part of my studies include reading about the original goddess religions, and shock and awe, how God was not originially the big Puba we are inundated with now. When God Was a Woman by Merlin Stone not only rocked my world but reinvigorated my already fist waving feminist self to continue to spread the word. It all clicked and makes so much sense! Before 2 + 2 were put together and sex was known to result in children, the woman would just produce a child. Viola! And the beginning of being awed by her power and ability began. With that said, the sticker at the right just makes me shake my head and wonder how it all went so wrong.

Well wait. It all went downhill when someone got jealous and needed to change the roles. Now, I'm not asking that we go back to the way things were 6,000 years ago, I'm just asking that everyone take a step back and realize that women have not always been seen as a fragile, stupid breed. By removing the Goddess and all she stood for from the public light, and in turn actually condemning those who continued to follow her ways, women were stepped on. This marked the beginning of the end. Adam and Eve? Eve ate an apple from the serpent. The serpent is a representation of the Goddess. Thus, the ways of the Goddess are wrong, and look, we wrote it in this handy little book full of stories for you to refer to later and we will then use it as a justification.

I have this sticker on my refrigerator. This morning Galen asked me what I planned to do about all of it. I just want people, men and women both, to take a step back and realize that the structure of this society is dictated by a bunch of old men 4,000 years ago. Someone got in a bee in their bonnet and had to fuck us all over. Again, men and women alike. So seriously, take up the cause. Educate yourself. And remember that there is a strength in all of us older than that "good book" which we can draw from to fullfill our potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment